Haha, I am so ashamed to answer this. I personally would say (also out of bias 'cuz Pippin = my fav hobbit) that I most resemble Pippin. I frequently am doing dumb things, and am the court jester more or less of my social circle, but get along with most people because of it. However. There is also a case for Sam with me, unfortunately. For anyone who doesn't know, I very highly dislike Samwise Gamgee. However, I have (difortunamente) many quirks similar to Sam. For instance, I love mushrooms (which is hobbit-like in general, I suppose), I love the sight of fresh-growing flowers, I like being in company, and I am devoted to my bestie almost to the point of being ludicrous (in fact, like Sam, I follow her around everywhere whenever I am within like twenty miles of her, and have known her since I came home from the hospital, so long time, haha). I also love poetry and writing things, and elves are my favorite Middle Earth creature. So... I would like to be Pippin, and am like him in some ways, but I regret to say that frankly, I am more like Sam. However, I relate to Pippin most in that I totally love him and know that moment where everybody's staring at you 'cuz you just did something dumb.
Ugh, yes! I HATE SPIDERS.
3. Are you more likely to be underprepared and not have a handkerchief handy when your allergies flare up or be overprepared and walk all the way to Mordor with and entire set of pots and pans clanging around on your back?
Lol, probably the latter. I am the person with my whole wardrobe in a suitcase when my family and I go on vacation. :)
4. What is your Elvish name?
I wish I knew... See, the root-word for my name means 'beauty', but I - even for my pause in typing to go and research among my books - could not find out what 'beauty' is in any Elven tongue. So, I guess I'll make one up, and say it's Ilithien (btw, even though I know how to technically pronounce that like an Elvish name, I have no idea if it means anything, so don't laugh if some LotR nerd commenter points out that it means 'cow', or 'pig', or something like that. :P
5. Are you part of a best friend duo like Frodo and Sam and Merry and Pippin or are you a loner like Bilbo?
Um, definitely a duo. And, as I mentioned before, unfortunately I'm Sam. Actually, scratch that, let's just pretend I'm Pippin anyways. ;)
GRRRRR... Women's size nine. I am tall and also have large-foot genes, so I very much have hobbit feet, I'm afraid. :P
7. If you had a choice would you live in Rohan, Gondor, or the Shire? Or… Mordor?
Rohan. Definitely Rohan. MY LOVE ROHAN!!! Besides the Elven homes, Rohan is my favorite LotR country/kingdom/place. Always Rohan over Gonder (Hint: always Eomer over Aragorn, and definitely Théoden over Denethor!).
8. What is the farthest off anyone has ever guessed your age to be?
Do I sense I reference to the time in the books where Pippin is thought to be a nine year old human child? ;) Well, the farthest off anyone's ever gotten my age was when this old lady saw me pushing a shopping cart with my very large almost three year-old year-old brother in it, and thought that I was his mother. :P Uh, do I really look that old...?
9. Does your personality match your stature or belie it?
Um, I might say my personality matches my stature well enough. I'm five foot six, so not an incredibly unusual height, but I like being it (hey, Ginger Rogers, the famous dancer, was five six, so why not?).
10. What is your favorite riddle?
Probably the old black hats/white hats logic problem, but that's too long to put here. Perhaps... 'What have I got in my pocket'...? ;)
11. Do you wear any rings?
On occasion. I have a green ring with leafy designs on it that I call my Elven ring, and sometimes I wear that. I also have a battered old topaz ring, which I call my Echo ring, because it is almost exactly like a ring one of my characters is supposed to own (whose nickname is 'Echo').
|Not what mine looks like, but still an Elven ring. :)|
Um, not sure. I think I could laugh both of those off, but the former might be slightly harder to, particularly if I wasn't among friends.
13. Do you ever feel like butter?
Yes, whenever I am in the South and it's really hot. ;)
14. If you were a hobbit, what would your name be?
Well, according to my research on nominal concepts of LotR for the (unsuccessful) search for my Elven name, hobbit girls generally have flower or gem names. So, I'll be funny, and say it's Bluebell. ;) Haha, no that's ugly, I'm changing it to Lorele (which, btw, is me making a feminine and hobbity-looking spelling of Laurel).
15. Do you like fireworks?
Oh, yes, I love them! Can't ever get enough of fireworks. ;)
16. How do you feel about trilogies?
Trilogies are my all-time favorite book type to read. I like series, but I always end up falling behind on them, and single books are never enough, so trilogies are perfect! :D
17. What is your favorite poem?
Maybe The Captain's Daughter (by I don't know whom). Or, actually, The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. But then, I also enjoy Legolas' Call To The Sea by Tolkien (you can find it in the third book of LotR). At one point, I had all three of those memorized, but now... Well, The Road Not Taken is the only one I have even remotely remembered the first stanza to, so I doubt I remember much of any of them anymore.
No thanks! I like seeing them and all, but they're not my favorite place. Especially not when they've got orc-infested Bal-Rog caves inside of them. ;)
19. Can you swim?
Yes, I can swim fairly well, particularly for a person who almost never goes out, rarely swims, and isn't very strong or hearty of breath.
20. You’re Frodo. You need eight fictional companions to journey with you to Mordor. Who do you pick? They cannot be from Lord of the Rings!
Hahahaha, I love this question! Okay, so my first pick will be Gwydion from The Prydain Chronicles (to take Aragorn's place), then I'd take Captain America (yes, I know he doesn't belong here, but he is fictional!) as second. Third would be Gris from Medallion, to be a guide and guardian type guy. Next, I'd take Geric, Finn, and Talone from The Goose Girl (What? They're all really sweet, loyal, brave, and awesome fighters, sooo...). ;) After that, I'd take Robin Hood (whom I think everybody knows the origin of). ;) And last, but not least, I'd take Dym from Enemy Brothers. He's not much belonging here either, but he can keep Cap company, seeing as they're both WWII guys (Psst! I still have not read Dym's book, but please do not rage at me for putting him in anyways).
Haha, I'm pretty tall, actually. I am completely oblivious to short-people problems, but very much aware of the tall-people problems (like everybody being shorter than you, bumping your head on everything, having bigger feet, being clumsier and more off-balance, etc.). But I do imagine that not being able to reach things would be pretty hard.
22. If you could marry a kind of food, what would it be?
Wedding bells for me and brownies! :D Brownies! Brownies! Brownies! If they don't propose first, then I will! ;D
Haha, I think that wraps it up. Thanks for the tag, Kayla Marie! :) And the people tagged for it are...
Can't wait to see what you do with it! :) Oh, and here are the questions:
- Which hobbit do you relate to most: practical Merry, lighthearted Pippin, loyal Sam, courageous Frodo, or impulsive Bilbo?
- Are you afraid of spiders?
- Are you more likely to be underprepared and not have a handkerchief handy when your allergies flare up or be overprepared and walk all the way to Mordor with and entire set of pots and pans clanging around on your back?
- What is your Elvish name?
- Are you part of a best friend duo like Frodo and Sam and Merry and Pippin or are you a loner like Bilbo?
- What size shoe do you wear?
- If you had a choice would you live in Rohan, Gondor, or the Shire? Or… Mordor?
- What is the farthest off anyone has ever guessed your age to be?
- Does your personality match your stature or belie it?
- What is your favorite riddle?
- Do you wear any rings?
- Would you be more likely to embarrass yourself by making a speech and forgetting what you were going to say or dancing on the table and falling?
- Do you ever feel like butter?
- If you were a hobbit, what would you name be?
- Do you like fireworks?
- How do you feel about trilogies?
- What is your favorite poem?
- Do you want to see mountains, Gandalf?
- Can you swim?
- You’re Frodo. You need eight fictional companions to journey with you to Mordor. Who do you pick? They cannot be from Lord of the Rings!
- What is your Recurring Short Person Dilemma? Not being able to reach high cupboards, getting a stiff neck from talking to tall people, your feet not touching the ground when you sit in a particularly high chair and the circulation being cut off from your legs so that your feet swell to twice their normal size? I’m not bitter or anything, why would you say that?
- If you could marry a kind of food, what would it be?
What did you think? Did you think this tag was an absolutely delicious idea? Are you agreeing that hobbits are awesome? Is Pippin your favorite hobbit too? And what about your favorite riddle? :) Does anybody else want to marry a brownie?!