Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

My Ink-and-Paper Pack...

Recently, my dear friend, Megan Chappie, has, apparently, unwittingly started a trend. That trend being...? The description of one's ink and paper family via personification as an actual family - and, oh, is it fitting. So I decided that I shall join in the fun as well and dwell a bit on my own bookish brood...
                      Image result for images of old woman who lived in a shoe
The Mama's Girl
Alomina
My Mina, a young lady by now, is the oldest of my children, and is quite reliable. She's sweet, easy to like, and not too demanding.... but also rather melodramatic. Mostly, she's all grownup and fine, but she has always had a dramatic streak in her, and sometimes it gets the best of her. But, emotional or not, she's a dear little drama queen...

The Charming, Rascally... Triplets
The Top-Hat Gang Trilogy
These three boys are a headache and a half some days. They drive their poor mother nuts to no end - they're a bunch of heartbreakers, I'm afraid. Charming and troublesome, they could probably get away with murder (hopefully they haven't already). They rely on me very little these days, it seems, and tend to do their own thing. They're already a hit with the ladies, and don't they know it. Now the trouble will be to reel them back in enough to make sure they've got their three pretty heads in the right place.

The Headstrong One
The Clarion Call
She's a teen, and it's easily the roughest time with her. Her plots are unruly, her characters stick out, but she knows (or thinks she does) that if I would just let her out once in a while, she would be a star wherever she went. Of course, it has to be her idea, though - she can't be controlled or anything. Even more than going out, though, she just wants to be around other stories... perhaps a little too much. I've definitely had to watch her friends, that's for sure. They're giving her some wild notions about plot and development, and I have no idea where to even start...

Miss Wise-Crack
The Pain of a Memory
Sure, she's younger than her sisters, Alomina and The Clarion Call, but she's got some head on her shoulders, and is determined to go out there and do something with it. Changing the world just seems like the next logical step to her. While Mina clings to me and TCC battles me, TPoaM considers herself ready to move out and face the world - she's pretty much grown now, and she knows perhaps a little more than she should. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can say no...

The Frustrated Funlover
All's Fair!
He's TPoaM's twin, but hates to be considered as grouped with her. Why? She's 'so dramatic,' 'girly,' 'wouldn't know fun if it kicked her in the eye,' etc. I will agree with him that he has more of a sense of humor than her, but, honestly, he's so messy and irresponsible, sometimes I'm not sure if it's a good thing. He's a good boy at heart and tries very hard to do his best, but he just has difficulty shining over all his older siblings. Due to this, maybe, he tends to go around them and do things very differently... even if it means singing to make himself heard. 


The Hotheaded Middling
The Second Brother
Honestly, it's like the world's against him or something - everything sets this kid off. He's got a temper of fire, but a heart of gold, and he's protective of his siblings like nothing else. Unfortunately, he looks up to only them, and won't listen to me. Perhaps his copying them will turn him out well, though... 

The Other Triplets
In Greater Hands, Against the World, Beyond the Stars
Don't even ask me how I deal with two sets of triplets... I'm not sure. Thankfully, these three are much contrasted to their older brothers, and, while a bit noisy, are quite contented to go off and play little games and stories by themselves for long periods of time. The three gals have barely made a peep in ages, and it almost starts to worry me that they're planning something...

Mommy's Noisy Shadow
Le Ragnatele di Venezia
If I've told her once, I've told her a billion times - she's not my only child, I can help her later, she needs to settle down and leave me alone so I can help her siblings out, etc.... but she never listens. She relentlessly follows me around, a determined squeaky wheel, always asking for this or that and giving me (and her siblings) no peace. Really, I must find a way to teach her to do things for herself.

The Adopted Adventurer
The Treasure of the Twin Temples
I couldn't resist him when I saw his grinning little face - I had to adopt him. Technically, he's not originally mine alone, but he fits into the family like a puzzle piece. He's almost always happy, always has a cheesy joke or prank for his siblings and mama, and can amuse himself well enough. What a ham...

The Early Romantic
A Broadway Waltz
Really, she's hardly tall enough to reach the table, and she's already boy-crazy. She's a hopeless romantic at an early age, and constantly  is talking about princesses and Prince Charmings and weddings and all that, matchmaking for all her older siblings, much to their embarrassment and humor. She's so little... what on earth will she be like when she's older...?!

The Colicky Toddler
My Land, My Heart
She's a frequent cryer, I'm afraid, and can only be consoled by her older sister TPoaM, who she's attached to by the hip, practically. She's a mess most of the time, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong. Most of the time, I have to just sit back and let her sister hold her - otherwise, I must just cry too.

The Mobile One
The Harlequin Sleuth
He just figured out how to walk. Why is he running now...?! And where on earth is he going? I have to chase after him and watch him constantly, or else he will stop at nothing to explore this strange world with true baby curiosity. In fact, I'd probably better go run after him now, before he pulls a million sequels down on top of himself...

The Babies
Pack Up Your Troubles, By the First Light of Dawn, and Burn the Shakespeareans
Giselle (BtFLoD) is actually adopted as well, and originally from a foreign country, but she's a sweet little darling - hardly ever makes a fuss. PUYT, on the other hand, wants nothing but to be at Mommy's side - as long as she's there, though, she's happy. And then there's the one that's on the way... BtS promises to be a troublemaker as well, and may take up all my time once he's around. Let's hope the day takes a while to come... 
Phew! That's all my family for the moment (thank goodness!), and I think, with my thirteen munchkins, I win as far as numbers go. Now let's see how well I can send them off... Do you have an ink-and-paper family of your own? An unruly one? A really unruly one? Then join the party, be merry, and share your own little works' mishaps and quirks!

6 comments:

  1. BURN THE SHAKESPEAREANS??? NEED I COMMENT ON THE INTRIGUE OF THAT TITLE? I MUST HEAR MORE. It sounds like a lovely baby indeed....I need to drop in on your brood, I miss them!!!

    I love how you touch on the importance of good company and the dangers of peer pressure with The Clarion Call...I never would have thought of that particular analogy, but my it's so accurate!

    The Second Brother, my precious boy. Let Auntie Megan hire you to do some yard work.

    I'm so proud of A Broadway Waltz' romanticism. (She reminds me of The Blonde Imp, actually.)

    And I can't wait to meet The Harlequin Sleuth in person. Come to think of it...there are a LOT of your children I haven't met in person yet, my dear. We writer mothers need to have a coffee-and-catch-up session. (Of course, that's easier said than done with so many young'uns getting underfoot and demanding our full attention.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is the main reason it exists - I thought the title up randomly and it was the first title I'd ever made which Catarina agreed was very good, so I had to write it. It's summarized on the Works page, I think.
      Oh, yes, you do! And I on yours!

      Haha, yes... Unfortunately, TCC likes the company of dramas and epics recently, and is now getting silly ideas about killing people off...

      Haha, he needs it...!

      Yes, she does her mama proud, to be sure. (Hmm, I don't know if I know The Blond Imp...)

      Haha, he would love you and your boys, that I can tell. In fact, we really must needs set up a playdate or something between our two packs. (Very true...)

      Delete
  2. wow you have so many books and such GREAT titles ;D I should steal this too ;D But we shall see if I have find the time ;D (yes, robbery takes time).

    MB> keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB> thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Ooh, yes, do! We want this to be an internet-wide trend, a monument to Megs' brilliance. ;) (Definitely does!)

      Delete
  3. J+M+J
    Oh boy... no wonder you haven't been posting in a while with all that to take care of! My condolences and envies sincerely, it must be all at once stressful and wonderful at the same time!
    Really, these posts are so entertaining... but it wouldn't really work the same way if I tried it....
    I must say your description of The harlequin Sleuth made me laugh quite a bit... and A Broadway Waltz reminded me so much of Regina as she's already a hopeless romantic drama-queen....
    And yay for big families! Congrats on having thirteen soon to be,
    my titles only go as far as eight... as of yet....
    T'was nice to meet your family!

    The Doorman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, they keep me pretty busy... But it is pretty wonderful!
      I don't know, I think you could do it... after all, eight's still a pretty good number!
      Haha, yeah... it was pretty much pawned off of Adelaide... Oh, haha, I didn't even think about that, but, yeah, that sounds like Regina...
      Thanks!
      Well, eight's a start! ;)
      Thanks!

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)