Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

A Small Reminder - A Poem


A poem written for my friends in the North upon my departure, in the hopes that none of us ever forget.
***
Though now our youth is good and gold,

when it is drawn and gray,
would you forget
that we ever met?
And would I in your memory stay?

 
Even when many, many years

  have one by one each passed?

Please don't look through

my plea to you,

as though it were only glass.

 

When all the good days are gone,

and even echoes have flown,

will you still hear

my words in your ear?

Or will lonely silence have grown?

 

When I am forlorn,

and sky has sunken low,

please forget none

of our faded fun

That we had once, so long ago.

 

When all my writing has faded away,

and all my words are far too worn,

when the rims of this page

are yellowing with age,

let me not forever from mem'ry be torn.

 

I implore you: hear my plea!

Although the days are not yet done,

 forget me never,

or what we did together,

When the writing here is gone.

 

And though there will be greater,

and I know that this is true,

let not mem'ries fade

for the part I have played,

And remember me, as I remember you.

 

And so now, I ask you,

and let it no longer mystery be,

if it's near to the end,

And I call you, my friend,

 will you yet remember me?

What did you think? Have you written any poems recently? Am I the only one goggling contentedly at (and vowing to forthwith forever use) this gorgeous font?! ;D

7 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS GREAT!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!
    also that font tho....... What is it called?

    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lilah! :) Nice to see you over here again - sorry I've been so busy lately and haven't dropped by myself. I mean to! :)

      Delete
    2. No problem Belle Anne! Glad to be here!

      Lilah

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, it is a pretty font....

    And I love this poem and the meaning behind it.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Catherine! I'm not sure what the font is called, but it's my favorite of all the fonts that Word Document has. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, it's beautiful, Belle. It's so hard to say goodbye, but it's even harder to be forgotten.

    And yes, it's a lovely font! Funny how the appearance of typed words can so please a writer's heart...but then, writer's hearts are pleased by a lot of odd little things... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... but, hopefully, now that I'm moving back, I'll get to see you again! :) I was so dreadfully afraid when we moved that everyone would just move on and forget the little time we were all in one place.
      Yes, haha, we do get pleased by the most uncanny things, don't we? Pretty digital font, or nice-colored ink, or a vaguely reminiscent writing song - haha, just about anything! ;D

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)