Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Interview of Prince Blakely

I know I've been really bad about posting lately, but I hope to remedy that in the near future, and I hope you can forgive me. :) In the meantime, I shall post this so that the blog at least has something up until I can gather up more posts. I'm interviewing Blakely today, the crown prince and best friend of the heroine from my Action/Adventure book, Alagna. His bio can be found here (the questions were taken from the comments there), and the previous interview, of Alagna herself, can be found here. I hope you enjoy! :)
***
Belle. *enters interview room, where Blakely is reading* Hey, Blakely, do you mind if I ask you some questions?
Blakely. *glances up from his book and then puts it down* Feel free, my lady.
Belle. Alright, the first questions - hey, you've never been interviewed before, why aren't you asking why or what's going on?
Blakely. *smiles a little absent-mindedly* I did rather wonder...
Belle. *rolls eyes* Typical. You could be being led to your death and you would just wonder. Anyways, though, the reasons for it are so I can get to know you better and so my audience can do likewise. And what's happening is just me asking you stuff to accomplish that.
Blakely. *nods thoughtfully* Of course.
Belle. Good. Now, these beginning questions are from Catherine, the first one being what is your favorite hobby?
Blakely. *rests chin on hand* Reading, maybe. Hunting and riding are also pleasant activities.
Belle. Yeah... Any more elaboration?
Blakely. *smiles* Not really - I suppose walking about the grounds is another favorite pastime, but I really can't think of many things in the realm of favorites specifically.
Belle. Alright, what are your life goals?
Blakely. *becomes quiet for a little while, then finally speaks very carefully* Defending the kingdom, helping my mother... finding my path in life. I think that makes it.
Belle. And said path in life wouldn't happen to include any special... girl, would it?
Blakely. *smiles a bit* That's for God to decide, my lady.
Belle. *frowns in frustration at not being able to catch him* Yes, I suppose it is. The next questions are from Megan - you remember her, right? She's interviewed a few of you guys.
Blakely. *nods* Yes, I do.
Belle. Well, her first question is what might make you lose your temper to the point of punching someone?
Blakely. *laughs a bit* I can't say that I've ever had the experience, that I can remember. Well, at least to the point of punching someone... But, then... *jaw stiffens slightly, but he remains silent*
Belle. *shakes head* But then...?
Blakely. I know I oft have to dispel the thought of punching someone... *smiles a tad embarrassedly* Although I think Francis and Edmonde don't even try to dispel the thought.
Belle. Roanwall?
Blakely. *sighs, slightly ashamedly* Indeed.
Belle. Well, that's okay - I want to punch him too most of the time. Now, if you had to choose a cause to die for, what would it be?
Blakely. *furrows brow and frowns slightly* Not an unlikely choice to make, I'm afraid. With things the way they've been slowly becoming, I fear that things may escalate to such a degree. I... *pauses a moment* I already know of an attempt on my own life being planned... Alagna knows, but... I don't want to worry her by telling her how serious it is.
Belle. You know, though, she'd probably be mad once she found out you'd kept it from her.
Blakely. *frowns* Do you think so? I do not want to anger her either... But she gets, well, perhaps a bit - *hesitates cautiously*
Belle. *laughs* flustered? Like a chicken with its head cut off?
Blakely. *raises brow slightly at this latter expression*
Belle. *laughs more* Just an expression, Blakely. Anyways, though, you still haven't answered the question.
Blakely. *nods thoughtfully* Well... The kingdom would be worth it - even one life would be worth it, I think... but I suppose that's not a very specific answer.
Belle. *rolls eyes* It's fine, Blakely. I'm gonna be here all day with the time you take to answer stuff. Now - the next question. Has Alagna ever made you angry? Embarrassed? Disgusted?
Blakely. *raises brow slightly* Usually I'm the one who makes her angry. I don't remember any particular time when I have even been so much as irritated by her... Same case for disgust. As for embarrassment... *half-smiles* Well, let's just say, our characters being quite contrasted, I have been at least internally embarrassed by her a good few times... though not ashamed of her so much as befuddled by her.
Belle. I can easily believe that. Now, do you have a really amusing story about your brothers to tell?
Blakely. *groans smilingly and puts head in hands* Take your pick, my lady - there are many a score to choose from. The fools... *shakes head amusedly*
Belle. *nods sarcastically* Yep. Totally fools... and you're totally not, right? Never associate with them, huh?
Blakely. *breaks a larger smile* I think, my lady, you have me riddled. However, as to your former question, I have plenty of stories of them. One in particular comes to mind, actually. Once, at Francis' - or Edmonde's, I don't remember - birthday celebration, after the feast, the two of them planned an untimely prank upon me. The servants had not yet finished removing the food from the table, so a partial cauldron of stew sat there, waiting to be taken back for the servants. They planned to wait until I came in the banquet room and pour it on me - so Edmonde waited inside with the cauldron for Francis' outside signal. However... apparently, they did not plan particularly well, because when Francis gave the signal that I was coming, Edmonde thought it meant I was to be the next person entering the banquet room. However, Francis came before me to see the prank firsthand, and so got the stew bequeathed upon him instead. I then entered, and they laughed because it had gone horrendously wrong. *laughs a little* I... couldn't help laughing with them, I admit, for it wasn't hard to guess what had happened. *shakes head* Those two were always - and are always - favoring me as their subject for pranks. *smiles slightly* However, thankfully, their jokes no longer consist of cascading soup on people.
Belle. *laughs* I wouldn't be so sure of that...
Blakely. *raises brow with a slight smile* I shall take that as a warning to be cautious around banquet room doorways, my lady.
Belle. *nods* Yes, I think that's a good call. Anyways, though, the next question is in order. What do you admire most about your mother?
Blakely. *smiles gently* She is a mother - what more is there? She is my mother - what more is there to me? I think what I admire most about her is what she has been for us... *becomes slightly more serious* I would never be anywhere near what I am without her guidance... or her love. She is the dearest person upon this earth to me - I have never known a better ruler or parent.
Belle. She's definitely something. But I think it goes both ways - she wouldn't be what she is without you either.
Blakely. *bows head* I wouldn't know - but I am grateful for her.
Belle. Good! - you're luckier than most of my characters. Most of them don't have their mothers still or are adults and so have to fend for themselves far away from their mothers. Why, if Feo still had his mother like you do, then maybe he would have never become a ne'er-do-well vagabond.
Blakely. *looks slightly concerned* This is a sad thing - why did you not let him have his mother if he needed her so?
Belle. *waves hands dismissively* Eh, it'll make him grow. Now, next question - are you ever afraid of the amount of responsibility you have? What about the responsibility you will have eventually?
Blakely. *nods* I am - but no being ever lived without responsibility, and none ever shall, so it is inevitable. *sighs* But, yes, it is one of the things on my mind most often...
Belle. What are some things you're afraid of?
Blakely. *smiles a little* Well - my responsibility - what is happening in the kingdom... *goes a bit quieter* I am afraid, though, of losing someone. I have a subtle feeling within me somehow that someone - someone close to me, like Alagna or my mother - won't be here when this is all over...
Belle. *shifts uncomfortably* Um, yeah... Uh, anyways, though, passing over that, last question from Lucy... and, I think, the last question. What are some things that make you happy?
Blakely. *smiles* Being with Alagna.
Belle. *laughs* You really have absolutely no wish to even try to hide it - you are really stuck on her!
Blakely. *smiles a little sheepishly* Perhaps... but if I were, why would I hide it?
Belle. *shakes head smilingly* Well, that's the end of the questions. Thanks for cooperating, Blakely!
Blakely. *bows* 'Twas my honor, my lady. *leaves*
End Interview
What did you think of Blakely? Did you enjoy the interview? Do you have any characters he would get along with?
The next interview will be - depending on votes - either
Prince Francis and/or Prince Edmonde, Blakely's younger brothers (votes will decide whether they will be separate or together)
Lady Felicia Ellmonte, Alagna's cousin and friend
Alexander Arleine, Alagna's tenacious cousin and Felicia's younger brother
Vote in the comments and I'll post a bio for the winner soon! :D



4 comments:

  1. Okay, I like him. No, I love him. He's so darn cute and adorable and humble and....I can't even....

    Now, since we've met the older brother, my vote is for one of the younger brothers, either Francis or Edmonde :)

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - he's my personal favorite of all my characters, I think (voice inside head: hush - you can't pick favorites!). ;P
      Ooh, both, or a preferred one?

      Delete
  2. Aww, Blakely! I loved all his answers. He's such a sweet brave quiet boy. Er, man. (We writers, always mother-henning and fangirling at once.)But Belle....it certainly sounds as though you have some hard things in store for poor Blakely...

    Speaking of hard things, though. I had to smirk at your comment about Feo. "Eh, it'll make him grow."

    I definitely want to meet Francis and Edmonde next! Both together, preferably...I have a feeling that would make for quite the riotous blog post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, he's probably my character that weathers the most (except for perhaps Mina). I mean, when a guy's this tough, you can throw more at him, right? ;)
      Haha, yeah, Feo actually needs hardship way more than Blakely does - Feo is immature; Blakely... well, I guess I just like being mean to him.
      Haha, I think the 'almost twins' have won it! :D

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)