Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Bio of Alagna Arleine

Hi! Sorry it took so long for this bio to get put up (honestly, I had forgotten about character interviews completely in the excitement of posting The Pain of a Memory). Today, it's Alagna, from her self-titled book. The last interview and bio are here and here (of Princess Celeise from Alomina).
Name: Alagna Arleine (she is nominally Lady Alagna Arleine, but has no true title as her parents are both still living).
Age: 19 (and it's only due to her independent spirit and pure stubbornness that she's not married yet at this age).
Nationality: Um... good question. :P I haven't actually decided which country in my world to make the main country in Alagna. All I know is that she's from the main country, which (as I did in introducing the story) I shall call Homeland, and I'll call the other one (the Italian-based country) Nova Italia. Anyways, though, she's from Homeland.
Height: 5'7.
Hair color: Dark reddish-chestnut, but more to the red side.
Eye color: Mixed. A blue-ish, silver-ish, violet-ish color (and I totally chose it as a novelty because I had a friend with the same color eyes).
Title(s): Lady (only for being noble - she is not an actual Lady by official title).
Family: Her parents (living, just in a different part of the country); her aunt, Andra Arleine, and her uncle (who I'm not sure is even living yet, because he never is mentioned or makes an appearance); her cousins, Alexander and Felicia; Felicia's husband, Alistair. She actually is one of my characters with more of a family (though she has no siblings). 

Bio:
Alagna Arleine was born in a long-noble family, long very close advisors and friends to the royal family. She was perhaps a bit spoiled as a child, but she didn't like it and so (thankfully) was never a brat or anything. In growing up, due to her family's close relations with the royal family, her best friend from the age of eight or nine was the oldest prince, Blakely (and he still is). She was always very social, though, and had strong connections already at the age of eleven. Her other friends growing up, though, were her cousins, bashful Alexander, and bubbly Felicia, who - though they knew her before Blakely did - never were quite as close to her for some reason, though close they were.
Alagna always liked grandeur and beauty, and had a fancy for anything really beautiful. As a child, music was her greatest love, and by time she met Blakely she was already any court lady's equal in playing. However, even though she was a perfect court lady in such things as manners, opinion, parentage, skills, and social life, she had a very independent streak in her, and left her parents - though yet unmarried still - at the age of seventeen to acquire her own estates (which she did), which  - believe me - is a very unorthodox thing to do in medieval times, whether in the high or low social circle. She didn't really have much a reason, either, rather than not liking to be spoiled and wanting to live independently. :P But such was the character of Alagna.
She was always somewhat nosy, though, especially being so social - never quite a gossiper, perhaps, but often toing the line. her popularity in high society only increased the popularity of her family in the royal court, and it has long been hoped (not subtly at all) and voiced (definitely not subtly) that she should marry one of the princes - primarily Blakely, who is the eldest and first in line for the throne. But, despite the people's (and the court's) wishes, Alagna has no designs on being queen (nor any desire to marry her best friend) - again, another illustration of her rather hard-headed independence. Neither has she any thought of suitors or courtship presently (though the suitors feel differently, to say the least). Alagna's life has been the high social life for most of it, and she really can't imagine anything else. And, up to the beginning of the story, she doesn't have to...
I think that about brings Alagna's glamorous life up to date. She has had a charmed life up to now, hasn't she? Everything velvet and gold and grand, you know (in fact, if you were to see my Alagna Pinterest board, you would indeed see an aesthetic of only exactly those things).
Anyways, that it for now. What did you think of her? I'll interview her soon, so put any and all the questions you can think of for Alagna in the comments, and I will use them in her interview. Thanks! :D 

6 comments:

  1. She sounds like a really cool character to meet! I can't wait to hear more about her story (does she end up with Blakely??? I'm dying to know....I'm a sucker for best friend romances)

    I like the "Nova Italia" idea. What is your home country going to be based on?

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, spoilers, Catherine, spoilers! I don't tell romance endings. However, I can tell you as much as if things end up the way Blakely wishes, then yes, romance is imminent. But I won't say that they do or don't. ;) But... I am also a sucker for best-friend romances. :P
      My home country is a lot like Tresinta (of Alomina) actually. Kind-of a middle-European, ever-so-slightly Saxon-ish country. In fact, I am considering making the country Tresinta in this story as well for other reasons in addition to the similarities. :)

      Delete
    2. drat....oh well, I tried.

      Hmm...middle European huh? Sounds really cool!!

      Catherine

      Delete
    3. Oh, uh, Catherine? Have any questions for Alagna, btw?

      Delete
  2. Oh, she sounds so interesting! I can't wait to meet her in person. And goodness, that Pinterest board is lovely.

    I think I'm going to fall in love with poor dear Blakely myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Alagna's a very difficult girl, though. However, finding lovely, grand things that suit her on Pinterest is not. ;)
      Oh, everyone does! I too am a heart under his power (which thankfully he doesn't exercise!). ;)
      Any questions for her?

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)