Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tag Juggling - Look At Me, Three At Once!

Hallo! I would write you a captivating introduction to this post, but as it is, I am very busy. Busy doing what, you may ask? Well, juggling. Juggling tags, to be precise. I think every tag in the blogging world (total exaggeration) has hit me and I have procrastinated long enough to have more tags than I do Il Divo albums now (not an exaggeration, unfortunately). So! I need to start juggling!

The Versatile Blogger Award

I technically didn't get tagged for this one, per se, but I said I would do it... *shrugs* And so I shall.
The Rules (because, to quote a movie I really hate but am always quoting, "What's fun without the rules?"):
  • Thank the person who nominated you (no one, in this case, but I'll thank Lucy Agnes anyways, as it was her doing that it even got on my radar. Thanks, Lucy!)
  • Share 7 facts about yourself (ugh - boring!)
  • Nominate 10(?!) other bloggers of your choice
  • Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
Alrighty, concerning Belle -
Fact #1

I am a student of music, studying voice and piano presently, and in the midst of writing with said musical learning two operas and a wanna-be Broadway musical.
Fact #2
I am so in love with fictional characters sometimes, I wrote a waltz for a book character once, as well as extensive poetry.
Fact #3
I am a baptized, confirmed Roman Catholic, very traditional, very orthodox, and I don't enjoy it when people make fun of religion or religious people. STOP MAKING FUN OF CATHOLICS!!!
Fact #4
My five favorite actors are Gary Cooper, Clark Gable, Fred Astaire, Charlton Heston, and Jimmy Stewart (in that order), and all of them are dead at this point in time. :P
Fact #5
I am so introverted, the one time I experienced any kind of male attention that was obviously romantically inclined, I was weirded out and initially avoided the guy because of it (and am still weirded out!)
Fact #6
I have listening to and/or watched the opera Carmen so many times, that hearing any piece from it, I could tell you exactly what act it was in, exactly who sang it, and almost exactly what part it's at in the opera (working on that presently).
Fact #7
Despite being very awkward and caught off-guard in any such personal experience, as in Fact #5, I am quite the romantic for other people and fictional characters.
And that sums that part up. Now, I don't even know 10 bloggers, I don't think, so I'll just tag a bunch of people for all three tags at the bottom of this pots.

The Cookie Book Tag

Okay, so is the name of this tag not just delicious in itself??? I don't know about you, but if there was an award for tags with the best title, this one would get it. :) The rules are to match a book to each cookie listed, and then to spread the tag via awarding other bloggers. Which I shall now do.
This has to be one of my favorite pictures ever. So yummy... :D
Chocolate Chip - a book that never gets old
Blue, the lovely lady who tagged me (and thanks, btw, Blue!) already said the Bible, so let me think... The Hobbit, duh! Best book to re-read ever!
Dutch Snowballs - a book that gave you an unexpected surprise
The Chronicles of Prydain, to be sure. I love the old The Black Cauldron cartoon, but I had always despised Gurgi in it with all my being. If there was one single thought I had about the story, it was that Gurgi was soooooo dumb. But then I read the book. I don't understand it. He wasn't even that difference in the book, but somehow, I adored him. Gurgi - whose prime fact of his existence was that I hated him - became one of my favorites. Boy was that a surprise.
Molasses - a book with a character that gets in a sticky situation
The Scarlet Pimpernel. Marguerite digs herself in such a deep hole in parts of it, it's just ridiculous. *facepalm* She just gets into so much trouble. It's very frustrating.
Oreo - a book dealing with the light and the darkness
I'd say Crusader King (my most recent book-love experience). It shows the virtue and growing goodness of Baldwin himself, and his friend Theo very well, but the villains - wow. They were just painted so vividly, they were just despicable. And yet... you could see the way the wheels in their heads turned. Just like Baldwin and Theo, sorta. Except they were twisted. But it showed both sides in intimate ways, making it an exceedingly pleasurable read.
Sugar - a book with a sugary sweet villain
Pride and Prejudice - Wickham definitely fits that billing. And he's just as sickeningly sweet as a sugar cookie is too. *nods head decisively*
Monster - a book that confused your emotions
Princess Academy definitely did. The romance was so vague, and yet present, that it was soooooo hard to figure out (while at the same time being incredibly simple). It drove me into an inner hysterical state sometimes, truly. I loved the prince (even though he wasn't present for most of the book), and I also loved the original romantic interest, Peder, but I was so torn. Because there wasn't a real love triangle, except maybe in the protagonist's head. The prince only seemed to mildly enjoy her company, and Peder was too hard to figure for all his simplicity of emotion. But in her head it was such a frustrating ultimatum of definitely marrying one or the other - Ahhhhhh!!!!
Snickerdoodle - a book that made you laugh
Again, Crusader King would fit well, but I'll try and pick a different one. Hmm... man, I really haven't been reading many comic books lately... How about  Little Women? Laurie always makes me laugh in that (despite the fact that I may or may not have already read it seven times...).
Peanut Butter - a book with a nutty character
Oh, definitely King Solomon's Mines. It wasn't lacking in eccentric characters, let's just say... :P
Now, thank you for the tag, Blue! And I shall tag people at the bottom of this post.

Daily Quote Challenge

This one I got from Anna Deubell. Thank, Anna! So the rules are as follows:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you (check!)
  2. Nominate three new bloggers everyday (at the bottom of the post)
  3. Post a new quote each day for three consecutive days
And... I'm going to do it like Anna did it, and just do all three quotes all at once right now. And also like Anna, I'm going to make this fun and do quotes having to do with stories (then, also like Anna, display quotes from the stories themselves). I'm going to use my newest novel - My Land, My Heart.
"Someday, someone will hug you so tight that all your broken pieces fit back together"
-Anonymous-
This quote fits perfectly to the story (which... will someday be introduced on here, no doubt). And here is a quote from My Land, My Heart:
"It doesn't matter if I am loved. I love, and that is what matters, isn't it?"
- Selina (although Veren also says something similar) -
All the remaining pictures are taken from the My Land, My Heart Pinterest board, here.
"True soldiers fight not because they hate what is in front of them, but because they love what is behind them"
- G. K. Chesterton -
Another perfect one. This basically summarizes the idea behind the title and the whole story. Love doesn't cause fights, but love doesn't run from them. It's a display of Mr. Chesterton's pure brilliance at its best certainly.
"War is inevitable at this point, but I have reconciled myself to it in the face of the reason why it is inevitable"
- Veren -
"How do you move on? You move on when your heart finally understands that there is no going back"
- J. R. R. Tolkien -
Can anyone state it more artistically? This quote is a story within itself. No novelist has since failed to reciprocate in some form or other the many ideas of Tolkien, and this especially is one no one can help copying... not even me.
"Perhaps the reason I do not mourn is because I know that it is not the time - there is more reason to mourn yet coming, there are other people who need me more than my mourning, and there are people who will mourn more than I before this is over"
- Ronan -
So! That ends the quotes, and I'll end the tag by thanking Anna. Thanks, Anna, for the tag, and for allowing me to be the copycat that I have been! :P
And the bloggers I shall nominate for all three of these tags are as follows:
  • Hope
  • Catherine Hawthorn
  • Lucy Agnes (excepting the Versatile Blogger Award)
  • Blue (except for the Cookie Book Tag, which she has already done)
  • Kate
  • Fellow Rebel (please let me know if you read this, Fellow Rebel, because even though I have seen your icon here before, I do not know where to find your blog and so have no other way of telling you of your tagging)
  • Kat N Lia (same situation as Fellow Rebel - please let me know if you see this)
  • Anna Deubell (excepting the Daily Quote Challenge)
  • Anyone else who feels like doing any of these
Don't ask me what this picture has to do with tags... It looked kinda cool. :P

And that ends this post. Thanks to all the people who tagged me (for those who don't see their tag here, I will be doing more tags soon, don't worry!), and thanks to all the people who made the tags - they were a blast! :D Happy New Year to all of you, and to those whom it may be of interest to, a late happy Solemnity of Mary as well. I hope you enjoyed the post, and with this post is ended my hiatus, so I shall be back again soon. :) 






8 comments:

  1. I loved reading all of these tags, Belle!!!

    I feel you on Fact #3 - I can't STAND it if people make fun of Catholics!

    Facts #5 and #7 are SO ME!!!! I'm a shy little deer when it comes to romantic attachment (in spite of the fact that I do want a husband one of these days....) but I'm such a hard-core romantic for both real people and fictional characters....

    I got my own copy of The Hobbit for Christmas this year!! So excited :).

    YEAH....Marguerite definitely gets into trouble A LOT in that book. Good thing her hero has her back....

    My brother has Crusader King and I loved that book!!

    OH MY STARS!!! I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT JANE AUSTEN'S VILLIANS WHEN I DID THIS TAG BEFORE!!! I couldn't come up with a sugary sweet villian so I put in a cat....*facepalm*

    I think I'll follow your example and do three quotes at once for that Daily Quote Tag...it's a lot easier. I liked your quotes by the way, they were beautiful!

    Thank you for tagging me for these!! I've already been tagged for the Versatile Blogger Tag but I haven't finished it yet so I'll add you in the credits. I did the Cookie Book Tag a few months ago, it's in this post here: https://catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com/2017/08/i-play-tag-catch-up-part-2-summer-party.html. I haven't gotten the Daily Quotes one so I'll stick that on the Tag To-Be-Done list.

    You were asking about Fellow Rebel...I'll explain.

    You know I'm one of the writers for Rebellious Writing, right?

    Well, when we were creating the website and the social media accounts, we quickly realized that we needed a central account to house everything...

    So we created a team Gmail account and called it Fellow Rebel.

    Several of us use that account, but the one that uses it the most is yours truly. I've been using the Fellow Rebel persona to follow all the blogs that support Rebellious Writing so we can have a running list of all of our supporters and show our support for those blogs. Yours is one of them.

    So, when you tag "Fellow Rebel", you're tagging Rebellious Writing.

    We haven't thought up a "tag policy" yet. Don't worry about feeling embarrased or anything!! It's one of those wrinkles we never even thought about!! I'll get back to you about what we'll do with them.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, okay... that makes sense. Man, I am so ditzy sometimes. That really should've struck me. :P Well, whenever you get it worked out, Catherine! :D I just tagged Fellow Rebel because I don't know many bloggers and was name-desperate.
      Can't wait to see your doing of some of these tags! :D

      Delete
  2. On a certain level I can relate with fact #3. I hate being misrepresented, and I hate the barriers that come with it. But I've noticed that those are the moments when I most need to listen to what the other person is saying.
    And yet...I'm not doing so well with putting this observation into practice.

    I can also relate to fact #5. That was one of the hardest experiences of the past year- being so comfortable in my introverted, single ways that I was unprepared for attention.

    I didn't know there was a book about Baldwin IV! He's an interesting historical figure, but I don't hear much about him.

    Thank you for tagging me! I don't know how quickly I'll be able to reply, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Getting misrepresented is no fun. I maybe could laugh, or - like you said - take the needed criticism if it was me specifically being targeted, but there are so many faithful Catholics out there that don't deserve the heap of mockery society enjoys building on them.
      Yes! It's so hard to talk to guys when they might be interested. It's just so uncomfortable, sometimes avoidance is just better (at least for me!).
      The book is absolutely amazing - granted it is intended as a youth book - but it's a real gem.
      Haha, take your time! After all, I didn't do that Daily Quote challenge from Anna until almost nine months after I got it! :P

      Delete
  3. Hi this is Kat N Lia!! I did see the tag, but we are on hiatus for the month of January so can get to it in January! Thanks for the tag!!

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, gotcha! Thanks for the follow, btw, Kat N Lia! :)

      Delete
  4. This post made me laugh so hard! Especially the cookie one! (It also made me SUPER hungry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! I'm glad it amused someone! :D
      And thanks for stopping by! :D Oh, and here's a virtual cookie - I'm sorry I don't have a real one for you. :P *throws cookie*

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)