Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Waiting - A Poem

A poem for all those who are waiting.
***
Perhaps does someone wait for me,
Beyond the blue and breaking sea?

Perhaps in some far distant land,
Does someone wish to hold my hand?

Looking over silver shores,
Does anybody God implore

To keep me safe, to keep me whole,
As they gaze o'er the waves that roll?




Staring from the shore-cliff's peak,

Would someone my ship on the waters seek?
Would the ground be wettened with the tears
Of someone who for my sake fears?

 
Perhaps would someone wait for me

To come back from my long journey,
To stand at the shores of my home,
'Til I come back, no more to roam?



This does somebody do out there,
Beyond the misted seaborne air?
Does someone watch the early dawn,
As I once did in time bygone?


Perhaps they watch this scarlet rise

As teardrops fall down from their eyes,
Thinking of I - their love away -
Who may watch the same newborn day.



Perhaps someone play-strokes my hair,
Though where they are, I am not there;
Perhaps someone dreams of my eyes,
And may for them the dream not die.


And if such a someone waits for me,

Beyond this boundless, lonely sea,
Then I would take the greatest care
To survive Danger's burning flare,


And my Maker then I would implore
To let me live a moment more:
"Someone waits!", I'd gladly say,
"So, please, now let me wait for they!"
What did you think? Have you written any poetry? Feel free to share it or any thoughts in the comments! Did I get better aesthetics this time? ;) And is anybody else frustrated with how this blog always formats poetry wrong...?

6 comments:

  1. I
    LOVE
    THIS
    POEM!!!!

    And the aestetics are much better, I love these too <3.

    Heehee, blogs and formatting never seem to get along, do they?? Can't tell you how many times I've descended into the HTML madness to try and fix a formatting problem for RW. GRRRRRR.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Catherine! The pictures are all taken from my Pinterest board for The Treasure of the Twin Temples, haha, but all of them were so perfect for the poem! :D
      Ugh. Formatting. I must've posted and reposted this a dozen or so times trying to fix the formatting. :P

      Delete
    2. Preview windows are wonderful for checking formatting, I've found. But yes, I usually have to reload it a dozen times in order to get it to work....

      Delete
    3. Yeah... Darned technology... :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is lovely, lovely, lovely!!! BELLE! You're making me want to write poetry. It's been so long since I've done any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy!
      You should! And then... post it on the blog so I can see...? Please...? :D

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)