Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Goodbye, NaNo!

 Hello, all! This will be a very short post, but I just wanted to let you all know that I will no longer be on NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo - probably for the rest of my life. 


NaNo's policies and sympathies have at this point become objectionable to a degree I can no longer tolerate, and I don't intend to put up with it. If you're interested in more specific reasons (which I will not put up in order to not get blocked), read Catherine's short post on the matter, here. Every last bit of my account and activity has been permanently deleted, and I have no present intention of returning. I will be deleting all NaNoWriMo memorabilia from this blog. I heartily encourage anybody else considering the step to do the same. I'm sorry not to have what was a splendid way of keeping up with each other on writing, but it is very much necessary. Hopefully, old cabins can regroup in other chats, and we can keep more regular contact through the blogosphere during camp times. Thanks for all the lovely times writing!

6 comments:

  1. Reposting link here for anyone having trouble: https://catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com/2022/05/im-quitting-nanowrimo-forever.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not sure why the link isn't working...

      Delete
  2. J+M+J
    101% Agree! Nano should be downright ashamed for such horrendous action, and I cannot support it. X(
    The Doorman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hopefully, they will get a good bit of backlash for this.

      Delete
  3. They should be ashamed of themselves. Thank you for standing up for babies and women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Hopefully, enough people will boycott them to make a difference.

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)