Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tidbits and Miscellany

I wasn't really sure what to post today, but I had a variety of things that needed said (as it often is), and so here I am, jamming them all into one not-too-neat little post, but there you are. Such are the ways of Belle when she's in a scatter-brainedly ecstatic mood (don't ask me why I am in such a state exactly, I don't believe I could answer you properly... if at all). Maybe it's the fact that I had a plate of cheese and crackers (which I adore). Maybe it's because I've gotten all of my schoolwork done and it's not even two o' clock. Maybe it's because of the prospect of the beautiful sunshine outside that is pretty enough to enjoy but too cold to be pushed out into. I don't know. But. Anyways. I have a few random things to tell you of. First of all,
What has Belle been up to?
A question... I do not usually answer on this blog as a principle. But, as this is labeled 'Tidbits and Miscellany' I think a little unorthodoxy is in order. I have been watching a movie I seem to be fated never to finish (the movies in question being Gunga Din, with Cary Grant). I have started the Oresteian play, Agamemnon, and am enjoying it greatly and even contemplating making it into and opera because would that not be just splendid??? What else. I have embarked upon the brainstorming stage of a new novel, coauthored with a friend (if she is alright with it, late on I may introduce it on here). I have also reached new heights in the word counts of The Pain of a Memory, Alomina, and The Ever-Three (The Second Brother's sequel). I think that's about everything exciting. Oh, yes, actually, I guess I also discovered an amazing new artist (been listening to him non-stop ever since) called Patrizio Buanne. If you like pop, check out his Solo Tu, if you like jazz, check out his Crazy, if you like swing, check out his L'Italiano, and if you like hilarious parodies, check out Home to Mamma. He's really got everything. And with that, anything of interest I had to say, I believe, is said. :) Now, the next thing.
Questions for Alagna? Please...?
So, I'm not really sure what else to do. When I posted the last character bio (of Alagna Arleine, from Alagna), for the purpose of character interviews, nobody asked her any questions. Which is completely understandable, just kinda awkward in my situation. Because with no questions... no interview, unfortunately. Maybe somebody could scrape together a few so that the interviews don't get stopped? I would be very grateful. :) Thanks!
The Second Brother
I have not written even one more word in The Second Brother, but have written immense amounts in the sequel. Why? Who knows? I really, really want to share the beginning of it, but I don't think I will just yet. However, there is something else of it that I will share - a surprise at the bottom of the post. *mysterious smile* ;)
What's Ahead?
Within the next several posts, here's what you can expect if you want spoilers:
  • Character interview (if Alagna gets enough questions)
  • The next part of The Pain of a Memory
  • Possible another Meet the Books! feature
  • Tags, tags, tags
  • Snippets of a story
Just for those who were curious to desperation, haha. ;)
The Surprise
You probably skipped ahead to this, didn't ya? Oh well. I wouldn't really mind even if anyone did, because I'm very eager to show this off. :)
https://www.playbuzz.com/bellea15/which-quester-from-the-second-brother-are-you
Tell me who you got and if you liked it! :D
Any questions for Alagna? Any questions about what posts are coming up? Any questions concerning the quiz? Any suggestions for movies after I finally finish Gunga Din? ;) 


10 comments:

  1. Questions for Alagna:
    What is her favorite dessert?
    If she lived in current times, what movie or musical would she enjoy?
    Favorite color?
    Any hobbies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary Katherine! And thanks for stopping by! And the follow! :D

      Delete
  2. Here are some questions for Alagna:
    -What is her earliest childhood memory?
    -what is her most prized possession?
    -Does she have any unusual talents?
    -What is her deepest fear?
    -What is her deepest desire?
    -Would she sacrifice that desire if it would prevent that fear?
    -Would she be the type to throw a cream pie in someone's face?

    I took the quiz, and it turns out I'm Owain. I suspected as much, and I approve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the questions, Blue! Nice!
      Haha, I think I could've guessed that. I took it myself and was Fabian Trillione (one of the triplets), but I don't think it's entirely accurate on that account. :P I'm glad you had fun with it!

      Delete
  3. I must have forgotten about that interview call...or I missed it...

    Who, or what, is her worst enemy?
    Her greatest talent?
    Favorite flower, if any?
    Favorite gown/clothing?


    I took the quiz, and I got Fabian as well (which totally fits me to a T)

    (Also, fun fact, I have triplet brothers in real life. Let me tell you, they are a lot of fun and trouble in one package).

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its totally fine! I probably forgot to mention the questions thing anyways, haha. :)
      Thanks for the questions!
      I thought you would be! ;) Ooh, you really have triplet brothers???!!! THAT SOUNDS SO FUN!!! Are they identical???

      Delete
  4. I got Ursan! Not complaining:)

    Oh I must've missed the post for Alagna! Sorry!
    Still need questions?
    - What is your biggest fear?
    - How would you describe yourself?
    - What do you like to do that most people would think was odd?
    - If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
    - What is your deepest, darkest secret?

    Enjoyed the update, Belle! And looking forward to the next Pain of a Memory:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you're the first Ursan! That... makes me a little concerned about you, haha... :P
      Thanks for the questions, Hope! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm Ferdy! I say, Belle, I have not yet met this man, but he sounds like he would be my favorite character. Whether I'm anything like him in actuality, I have my doubts. Well. When I'm in the company of close friends, I guess I am a nutcase...

    Ooh! Questions for Alagna! Looks like you've got a happy abundance but I'll think up some random ones.

    1. What do you find more handsome, brown eyes or blue eyes?
    2. Are you practical, or a dreamer?
    3. Would you rather live a long and unremarkable life, or a short one full of glory?

    The Oresteian Trilgoy! I loved that book in high school, although I always get it mixed up with the Theban Plays...both of them were lovely and dark and dramatic and thrilling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahaha, what? ;D That's pretty funny - honestly I though I would get Ferdy, but apparently I'm a bit more sensible than that (haha, we know that's wrong!). ;) You are a bit like him in some ways, but not mostly. Except perhaps in cheerfulness. :) Ferdy is one of the triplets, btw. And you'll actually meet him in not too long, providing I get the story all connected soon.
      Great questions! Thanks!
      Yes, I already like it. And, really, somebody had best already have made an opera out of them or else I will. ;)

      Delete

For my lovely readers who wish to comment... I enjoy the comments you all put up, and your feedback and critique are always welcome! My requirements for commenters are fairly simple and easy: I will delete any and all comments of a derogatory, spam, trolling, or obscene nature. All other comments, as long as they are civil, are quite welcome. If you want my specific guidelines, feel free to ask. :)